First-Time Entrepreneur Loan
CBDC Blue Water created the First-Time Entrepreneur Loan to help people who are starting a business for the first time! We also offer counselling and training services to help you become a profitable, self-sufficient, and successful businessperson.
How we can help?
CBDC Blue Water’s First-Time Entrepreneur Loan offers up to $150,000 to qualified borrowers. It’s available to sole proprietors, limited companies and partnerships (when majority control is resides with the new entrepreneur). First-Time Entrepreneur Loans are repayable and have competitive interest rates and repayment terms.
Do you qualify?
- You must be a new, first-time entrepreneur living in a rural area of Halifax Regional Municipality.
- Loan may be used for a business start-up, or to help buy an existing business.
- Both seasonal and year-round businesses may apply.
- The loan may be used for a variety of purposes: Start-up costs, fixed assets, working capital, buildings and land, furniture and fixtures, machinery or other types of equipment, and possibly vehicles used strictly for business operations.
- Franchise purchases and Leasehold improvements are also eligible.
Smooth Meal Prep
A local family owned and operated business founded in 2018. Nevell and his family came to CBDC with the plan of taking the business to the next level.